Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center
Pharmacy Residency Program
The Wilkes-Barre VAMC Pharmacy Practice Residency Program is a 12-Month Program
Number of positions: 4
The ASHP accredited residency program at Wilkes-Barre VA is designed to prepare pharmacy practice residents to function independently as clinical pharmacy practitioner in an ambulatory care setting, serve as a clinical faculty for a pharmacy program, or pursue PGY2 training.
Program Outcomes as Required by "ASHP Accreditation Standard for Postgraduate Year One Pharmacy Residency Programs"
Manage and improve the medication use process.
1. Provide evidence-based, patient-centered medication therapy management with interdisciplinary teams.
2. Exercise leadership and practice management skills
3. Demonstrate project management skills
4. Provide medication and practice-related education and training.
5. Utilize medical informatics.
Tarannum Mansuri, PharmD., BCACP