Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center
Request Your Medical Records
Our Release of Information staff will be happy to assist you with requests for your medical records. We also assist providers with completing forms for patients.
We can assist you with the following —
- access to your medical records
- obtaining copies of your medical records
- requests to amend your medical records
- completion of forms for benefits, insurance, and other reasons
The Release of Information Staff are experts in our patients' rights and their medical records.
The Release of Information Office is located on 1 West, room C1-03. You can contact us between 8:00am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday (570) 824-3521 (x4198, x7166, or 7165).
How to Request Information
To request a medical record, please one of the forms listed in the column to the right, complete the requested information, sign the form, and mail it to the following address —
VA Medical Center
Business Office & Health Administration
Release of Information
1111 East End Blvd.
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
Because forms must contain an original signature, e-mailed forms cannot be accepted.
Requests for records will take approximately 20 to 40 workdays to process.
Veterans are entitled to one full copy of their records. Additional Copies are provided at $0.15 per sheet
- Copies to Insurance Companies - $10.00
- Copies of X-rays (CD) if not for another provider - $3.50
- Copies to Attorneys -$0.15 per sheet