Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center
About the Program
The VAMC Wilkes-Barre pharmacy processes over 5,000 prescriptions daily. Many of these prescriptions are filled by the Central Mail out Pharmacy (CMOP). Prescriptions may be refilled by phone or the Internet.
Automated Refill Line
An automated refill line is available for all VAMC Wilkes-Barre and our Outpatient Clinic patients. Please call one of the following numbers —
- 570-824-3521, press 4 (Wilkes-Barre area)
- 1-877-928-2621, press 4 (from outside the Wilkes-Barre area)
- Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- After you have dialed the number, wait for the automated attendant to answer.
- Enter your entire social security number, then press the pound (#) sign.
- To request a refill, press 1 then enter the prescription number you want refilled - followed by the pound (#) sign.
- To check on a prescription, press 2 then enter the prescription number you wish to check - followed by the pound (#) sign.
- To speak with Pharmacy Personnel, press 8.
If you are using the automated refill line, all refills should be ordered at least ten days prior to when the refill is due to insure prompt processing and delivery time.
Prescriptions may also be filled online using VA's My HealtheVet program. You will need a user id and password to log in. If you do not have one, you can easily get one by creating your personal profile.
Refills at VAMC Wilkes-Barre and Outpatient Clinic Pharmacies
All veterans are encouraged to refill their prescriptions by phone, Internet, or by mailing in their Refill Slips.
Please visit My HealtheVet for information about any prescription you may be taking.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Inpatient Pharmacy (Hospitalized Veterans only)
Monday through Friday, Weekends and Holidays 7:00am-10:00pm
On Call - 10:00pm-7:00am Monday through Friday, Weekends and Holidays
Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
- Outpatient Pharmacy, NB-122, Basement North
- 570-824-3521 Ext. 4
- 877-928-2621 Ext. 4
Hours of Operation
Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri 8:00am-5:00pm