Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center
Partners and Education
Academic PartnersVA Wilkes-Barre is affiliated with The Commonwealth Medical College (TCMC), the Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education (WCGME), Geisinger Health System, Wyoming Valley Family Medicine Residence Program, Drexel University College of Medicine, St. Luke's Hospital and Health Network (Medical Residency Affiliation with Allentown Commujnity Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC), and Salus University (Pennsylvania College of Optometry).The Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center supports active affiliations with colleges universities and schools of allied health, which include VHA affiliation program agreements.
These agreements are in the fields of occupational therapy, nutrition & dietetics, all areas of nursing, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, physical therapy, biomedical engineering, biomedical equipment technology, physician assistants, psychology, medical assistants, laboratory assistant, optometry, social work, medical transcriptionist, insurance billing specialist, health care technician, administrative assistant, exercise science & athletics, audiology, surgical technician, recreations & leisure services management, dental hygienist, dental assistant, emergency medical services, respiratory therapy, phlebotomy technician, medical office assistant, art therapy, mental health counseling, diagnostic medical sonography, medical imaging, visual science, health information technology business, nutrition & dietetics, and communications.
Resident Opportunities - Dental
Dental: Each Year, VAMC Wilkes-Barre funds 3 Dental Resident Slots: Resients Salary: $49,889.
Tarnjit Saini, DDS, MS, Director GPR Program
The goal of this residency is to provide an educational program with both didactic and clinical components, which will allow the graduates to:
1. Function as their patients’ primary care provider by:
2. Plan and provide multidisciplinary oral health care for a wide variety of patients including medically compromised patients, homeless program, elderly patients, and patients with other special needs.
3. Be able to interact and consult with other health professionals involved in their patient's health care
4. Function effectively within the hospital and other health care environments.
5. Have an understanding of systemic diease and how it can affect the nature of oral health, and the course of dental treatment.
6. Apply scientific principles to learning and oral health care. This includes using critial thinking, evidence-based scientific literature, and technology-based information retrieval systems.
7. Conduct their professional practice in a manner that is ethical, centered to patient care.
Veterans Affairs Medical Center: Program Overview, Admission Requirements, Program Synsopsis, Compensation, Contact Information.
Resident Opportunities - Pharmacy
Pharmacy Resident Opportunities: The Wilkes-Barre VAMC Pharmacy Practice Residency Program
Pharmacy Resident Page: http://www.wilkes-barre.va.gov/services/PharmacyResidency.asp
VAMC Wilkes-Barre provides a full range of services, with state-of-the-art technology as well as education and research.